Sunday, January 13, 2008

I love THE DAVE

What is THE DAVE you may be asking. Here it is :

There is this store called IKEA which is a home furnishings store - kinda, I don't know, Swedish style I guess, they name stuff weird names and this is my new laptop desk - called THE DAVE. I bought it yesterday and I may never leave my apartment again. I love it.

OK - so, what else. Last week I spent getting my major switched over to Math and now I am registered for Spanish I and Pre-Calculus for this semester. Once I get thru pre-calc, I can sign up for all kinds of math classes to get the show on the road.

I'm trying to figure out a unique and creative way to get in on the textbook buying selling thing, because surely when you sell me a book for $108.00 and then you buy it back for $18.00 there is money to be made, right ? UGH.

Classes start this week - I'll post a schedule some time this week. All of my favorite shows are winding down on new episodes, only one or two weeks to go - very depressing. I hope the writer's strike is resolved soon.

Check ya later, calculators.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel - You and Dave living together 24/7. I've lost control.

T said...

Amazon used... that's where I bought all my books. We've sold quite a few on there as well. There are a few other spots to buy used online.

Next time you head to IKEA let me know we live just down the road.

Anonymous said...

Lady, email me your windows messenger screenname please. i just downloaded it, so now we'll be able to talk through there :). eberenshteyn@joinbps.com

Digital Fortress said...

Is Dave Brown jealous of the other "Dave" who he must now compete with for you attention?

College books are such a rip off! I never understood a book loosing more value than when you buy a car and drive it off the lot. I had professors who had these books on their list too that you HAD to get and then we never opened them. Ugh!