Sunday, January 07, 2007

The story of their lives....Bob da*n it.......

Well, I finally got past my EIGHT days in a row of working - ugh !! It was so exhausting. And now I am officially on my new schedule. So, I had Friday and Saturday off. I spent Friday hanging out with a friend in the morning and then ran errands in the afternoon, I wanted the day to be fairly restful because Saturday I was taking the THEA test at 8:00a. This is a test for college placement and also the test required to enter the Education program at UTA. There are three parts to the THEA, Reading, Writing and Mathematics. I have to achieve certain scores in each one to get into the program.....270, 220 and 230 respectively. I will get the test scores back in 10 days. I thought it was long and tiring but I think I did good.

After the test I went home to relax and took a little nap. I went to the No Frills Grill at 5:00p to hang out, eat, play trivia and watch the Cowboy's game. Well, this picture pretty much sums that experience up :
With less than 2 minutes to play, the Cowboys are losing 21-20, they march it down the field to like the 5-yard line but cannot get the touchdown. So, Gramatica comes in for the 3-point kick to win the game. It's a 19-yard kick, a no brainer. But as is the story of their lives, Tony Romo fumbles the snap, the good snap, and the extra-point is history. He tries to grab the ball and run it in but, it's all over. Even a hail-mary with 2 seconds left can't save them.

It was a screaming, cussing and yelling moment. So disappointing. Which brings me to my last blog topic, swear words. I don't really use them that often. I might say "What the hell?" in a moment of frustrated confusion but I don't really have a standard swear word for those instant moments, like when you stub your toe or are just flat out mad. So, I created a new one. Bob damn it. The beauty of Bob damn it is that you are not taking the Lord's name in vain but it sounds similar enough to the common version that you are still getting your anger across. Feel free to start using it yourself.

Until next time.......peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to laugh at the Cowboys game. Such a fitting end to their season. It started with TO drama. Continued with TO and Romo drama. And ends in drama. Maybe if they get rid of the drama, they'll actually play football and have a winning season next year.