Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The mindset.....

I am completely of the belief that the mindset you have when changing the way you eat/live is 100% key to your success. I have often said, that any diet will work for anybody if they have the mindset to commit to it and change. So, how do you get there ?

I don't know.

For me, I have also believed in mind over matter when it comes to getting sick. When I get a sniffle or a symptom - I tell myself, no, no time to get sick and I don't want to be sick. And, I don't get sick. Obviously, there is not much I can do about food-poisoning which I recently experienced but overall this works for me. If I say, ugh, I am getting sick, where's the bed, I want my mommy....then my body will react accordingly and I will get sick.

Now, this is just me.

So, what am I doing to get ready for my healthier change in 2007. I am talking to myself, talking to my mind and body. I am acknowledging the challenges, worrying about the stuff I am going to miss and crave and generally getting my mind ready for the change. I know it is not going to be easy and that is the thing I really think I need to work on from a mindset stand-point so I don't get discouraged. I am joining Weight Watchers tomorrow....it is a good place for support and the accountability of a weigh-in. I started last week trying to walk 0.5 mile at lunch...and once I am not huffing and puffing when I get home, I will increase the distance. I'm not meeting my goal of every work day yet by 100% but I am working on a gradual improvement to get there - I am doing more than I was two weeks ago and that is a good start.

Let the change begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I talk to myself all the time. Is it bad when myself talks back?