Sunday, September 03, 2006

School Update

So, apparently, everyone needs a school update. Week one is over. Hurray !

It's gonna be tough.

The two classes I have on M, W & F mornings are going to be OK.....one is Trigonometry and one is Applied Mathematics....both are my favorite subject and I think with a little work here and there, they will be a breeze.

Now, Biology is another story. HARD. First of all, it is for science MAJORS, which I am not, technically. Lecture, two nights a week.....lab [3 hours] once a week. Lots of reading, lots of studying......5 tests in lecture, 3 in lab......HARD. My lab instructor says that the average lab scores are 65 on every test and only once has someone scored higher than a 92 on a lab test and that was someone taking the class for the 3rd time......YIKES ! Also, she says the professor that writes the tests [my lecture professor] tries to give all possible mistake answer choices on the test...in other words, he figures out how you might mis-calculate and puts that answer as a choice.

Bottom line.....I have finished getting out of the old apartment....and after tomorrow [crossing fingers] I will be totally un-packed in the new apartment. I have 2 work related things on Wednesday and Thursday this week - my days off - grrrrrrrrr. And then, I'm all work and school, nothing else.

I think I can. I think I can. I know I can.

P.S. Tom, I decided I needed a seperate folder/notebook for lab/lecture in biology....so you'll be pleased to know that the notebook/folder for lecture is now green and the lab is yellow.