Thursday, November 13, 2008

Movie Review : Madagascar 2

So, I haven't done a movie review in awhile, mainly because I haven't gone to any movies. But, I broke that streak last weekend when we all went Sunday afternoon to see Madagascar 2. It was the perfect movie to get me back in movie mode.

The penguins are by far the best characters in the movie, as far as I am concerned. They should have their own movie.

So, Monday, I went to McDonald's at lunch to see what animal they had for happy meals this week - I wanted the penguin of course - it talks. Here is the exchange between me and the the drive-thru girl [my thoughts in blue] :

Me : What toy is in your happy meals this week ?
DTG : Madagascar
Me : [Duh, what ? the whole movie?] Yeah, I meant do you know which character ?
DTG : Um, the giraffe and the lion I think. Were you looking for a particular one ?
Me : Yeah, the penguin.
DTG : I don't think there is a penguin.
Me : [Do you not watch your own commercials.] There is. I saw it on a commercial.
DTG : Oh......do you have kids ?
Me : No, it is for my brother. He loves that character.
DTG : Oh, how old is he ?
Me : [Starting to wonder if the DTG is writing a book about me.] He's 31.
DTG : He has kids ?
Me : Nope, it's for him.
DTG : Did you see the movie ?
Me : [Surely this has already been established as a yes.] Yes.
DTG : Was it good ?
Me : Yeah, it was for kids but there was enough adult humor in it to make it fun.
DTG : I need to go see it.
Me : [Ready to pull forward, get my diet coke and move on.] Yeah, well, have a good day.
DTG : You too.

Anyway, go see the movie, it is cute and fun for the whole family.

1 comment:

Season said...

This movie was great! The hippo is my favorite. I liked it when they played that song that said "I like em big, I like em chunky!" I was rolling!