Sunday, May 27, 2007

If the milk's chewy throw out the hamburger.....

...seems like sound advice coming from a former student of the Johnson and Wales College of Culinary Arts. Last Thursday, my power went out at around 3:30p when it had been raining or was about to rain but wasn't actually raining at the time. It didn't come back on until 1:00a - Grrrrr. I missed taping the Ugly Betty pilot -my current and for the foreseeable future TV obsession. I missed the 1st night of 'So You Think You Can Dance' - the one reality show I watch...and I missed the reappearance of 'Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip' .. needless to say I was quite irritated. Apparently, though, since my milk has not gone chewy - my fridge items are safe.

So, the question, what exactly am I doing when I am not in school and I am not blogging. Well, here is a little about me these days :

1. I am reading the James Patterson Women's Murder Club Books.....I am about halfway thru # 3 I think. They are good. I'm not really a mystery reader but I haven't had anything to read lately and my sister bought me the first one for my birthday so I decided, what the heck. I read #2 while the power was out .... a flashlight and some duck tape were involved.

2. I am writing. Some of you, well, many of you, may not know this is actually a hobby of mine. It started, I don't know, about 3 years ago I guess. There is this, I don't know, pod of people out there that write something called fan fiction. Basically, they take characters from their favorite movies, TV shows, etc. and they write stories for them. For example, a fan fiction for one of the CSI shows might be like an actual episode with a murder and them solving the case, or it might be about the hook up of two characters on the show that aren't hooked up. It might be a cross-over between the CSI show and oh, I don't know....Grey's Anatomy. It's mainly about story because those reading them already know the characters. Anyway, I do that.

3. I'm hanging out with friends. I still go to No Frills Grill pretty much every Friday night with my friend Courtney and whoever else shows up. I also try to see movies and grab a bite to eat with my friend Charles as often as our schedules allow but not nearly enough. I'm always pestering my friend Jeffrey and my cousin Tom to get together but alas, they are a more fruitless endeavor....I'm not sure if it is me or them. Who am I kidding, it's them.

That's a good chunk of my time these days along with work. No classes this summer but I will pick up again in the fall. I'm trying to get to Abilene at least once a month - but right now I think that bunch owes me a visit.

So, my mom is coming on Tuesday and I will transport her halfway to Abilene Wednesday night....for a small ransom. She'll be back with me the following Wednesday for a week. We are all looking forward to her visit.

Until later.....adios.

2 comments:

JoLynn said...

I am ready to meet the ransom demand. LOL!

Joe said...

I am so proud that a quote from me led the blogs title!! Sounds like your plenty busy even without school. It cost us a fortune to get rid of her...ransom paid.