Friday, September 22, 2006

And the conspiracy continues......

...so, yesterday I went to the TIME-WARNER store to trade in my single-tuner DVR for a double-tuner DVR. This change is so that I can tape one show while watching another, just FYI. I come home with the new tuner and plug it all in. It plugs in a little different than the old one so I call the cable company to make sure I have it right. I do.

Now, the way it hooks up, my TV has to be on VIDEO1 in order to watch cable....which means everytime I turn the TV off and back on I have to change the TV to VIDEO1.....I don't like that.

Secondly, I turn it all on and the on-screen guide is BLANK. Everything says TO BE ANNOUNCED and the time on the screen says 12:00m. I think nothing of this and am sure that it just needs some time to update after being hooked up. I wait one hour. Same thing. I call the cable people, again, they ask me to turn it all off and they are going to send a signal, wait 15 minutes. I wait 20 minutes. Same thing. I call again, now they are sending a stronger signal, wait 30 minutes. I wait an hour. Same thing. I leave everything off and go to school. I get home, same thing. I call again. They have me do a 'cold boot up'. Same thing. They talk to a level 2 technician. He asks if it still says 12:00m. I say yes. He says, the box is defective, you'll have to get a new one.

And the conspiracy continues......

No comments: