Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What is wrong with me.....

.....I haven't blogged in FOREVER. My apologies to the faithful readers, you know who you are. ::wink:: Let's see, what's going on with me.....?? This may be a long one.

So, I did move my office over to the new apartment with much appreciated help from my friend Charles....it was proof positive that I need to lose weight and that I am old. Hmpf. But, with one phone call to AT&T, my DSL was up and running and the office was ready to go.

Basically, the rest of my days off were spent with errands. I did move some more stuff over to the apartment but not as much as I had planned. It is just so HOT here that it wears me out walking up and down stairs in the middle of the day. I think we are on day 15 of over 100 degree temps. Yikes.

So, I worked Friday thru yesterday and each day I brought something over to my apartment. Yesterday was pantry food and refrigerator food, so all of that is over here now. I'll probably move my microwave over here tomorrow....but most of tomorrow will be spent packing everything that is left so that everything I own is IN A BOX by the end of the day Friday.

As I've mentioned before, the big move is Saturday, probably starting around 11:30a and hopefully ending quickly since I have LOTS of awesome help. I'm fortunate that I have so much support so that I didn't have to hire someone to move me. The financial changes of living on my own are going to be a struggle at first so every little bit helps.

So, today is my normal day off but I am working for a co-worker who is then going to work for me on Saturday so I can supervise the move but I am off tomorrow as usual.

I'm going to try and log on tomorrow some time to give you a school update which starts on Monday.....some changes to what some of you know about so look for that too.

Until then .... ciao !

3 comments:

JoLynn said...

Changes? - what changes?

Anonymous said...

In all the packing did you by any chance come across a lamp from 7 years ago?!?!?!?!? Just wondering what really ever happened to it....my mom asked me in June when she was visiting and thought I would pass along the question. Ciao!

Digital Fortress said...

I hope the move goes smoothly...Oh, and thanks a lot for that lamp!