Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Change is good.....

When I started this blog…..my first title was CHANGE IS GOOD … and now that is the title again. Well, change is good and here is another one for me :

Two weeks after I started working for Encore, I was contacted by an industry recruiter about a potential job in the area. Basically, the company he represented was creating what they called ‘a pod’ of home-based employees in the Dallas area. The job would be providing customer service and technical support for credit card terminals and the merchants that use them. My training for the new job, starts Tuesday, June 27th….and will last for 5 days. Then, I am on my own from home. The beauty of the new job is that once my 3-month probation period is up I can get a more flexible schedule which will help me finish my college goals sooner. PLUS, no more commuting, no more toll-tag, no more dress-up clothes, no make-up….etc.

It was a tough decision no matter the benefits…..I am a loyal employee and I am very grateful for the opportunity I had at Encore when my career was on the line. They welcomed me with open arms and I was a nervous wreck the day I gave my notice. But, as expected, Matt was awesome about it and very understanding.

I’m looking forward to the new challenges that lay ahead and I plan to share it all with you here. Please feel free to leave comments or contact me in some other way if you have any questions about the new job. Oh, by the way, it is with a company named Cynergy Data based in Manhattan, NY.

GO MAVS !!!!

5 comments:

KMAN said...

Good luck with the new job. Commuting from home would rock but you have to stay focused and not watch tv, etc. I don't know if I could do it . . .Yeah I bet I could. :)

Anonymous said...

Dirk was at Eatzi's today getting lunch. They had to make an announcement that flash photography wasn't allowed in the building. But what was really funny was the girl in front of us who whipped out her permanent marker so he could sign the jersey she was wearing! Who carries permanent markers with them everywhere they go??????

Unknown said...

Well said. The next time I decide to write a blog about leaving my job, I'll have you write it for me... Thanks in advance!!

I'm assuming you are still making chocolate chip cookies on OUR last day at Encore - please don't forget the walnuts!!

JoLynn said...

First let me say I know what a hard decision that was to leave you job and I hope it works out wonderfully for you.

Second, Jeff, I always carry a sharpie marker in my purse because you just never know and sharpie writes on anything!

Digital Fortress said...

That's great! I'm glad you have a new opportunity! Let us know if working from home is all it's cracked up to be! ;)