Thursday, June 15, 2006

Are you in the right place.....

If you want to read about serious topical things that may even spur a conversation or debate, then I would recommend you click on DIGITAL FORTRESS over there to the right. However, if you want to read stories about people burping loudly in the movie theatre or bumper stickers that read ‘Silly boys, trucks are for girls…..” then you are in the right place…..

So, I was at the movies the other day….either The Break Up or The DaVinci Code….and there is this man sitting in the row in front of me with his wife and daughter. We are fairly early so the only thing going on in the theatre is the slide show of repetitive movie trivia and not once but TWICE the man in front of me burps and I mean BURPS….loudly. His wife and daughter don’t even turn to look at him and he acts as if nothing happened which makes me infer that this is normal behavior for him and even in public places. Interesting. I mean, at the very least, I think an acknowledgement with a ‘Excuse me” or something to his companions. Now, even if he has a medical condition of some sort, I still think an acknowledgement is needed in a PUBLIC place. If he’s at home, who cares, they are probably used to it.

Anyway, that’s is my totally non-political blog for the day. Stay tuned for an important blog tomorrow … or maybe later tonight.

2 comments:

KMAN said...

Jenny and I have had such bad luck at movies that we don't even go any more. From kicking the back of your chair to talking throughout the movie to ringing cell phones. We couldn't take it any more. The strange part is that it's not just the teenagers, even adults our parents age have no respect for others around them!

Jenny said...

Yeah. Check out our more recent experience.