Tuesday, May 13, 2008

School's Out ... and some other news !

::wipes brow::

Another semester behind me, yay. I'm really fine with the slowly but surely approach to my educational goals; so, each semester is an accomplishment. Looking back, I think this one will conclude with two B's which is just fine by me. Now, moving forward, hmmmm......a year off I think, more on that news to come. Ah, the suspense.

So, my niece and nephew get out of school on May 30th and I know they are looking forward to summer. My niece will be going into the 4th grade next year, I can't believe she will be 10 in the fall, they grow up so fast. My nephew will be starting middle school. He has been in the gifted and talented program in elementary school since the 3rd grade and just found out for middle school that he will be in AP Math, AP Science and AP English - the AP stands for Advanced Placement. I am very proud of him and he is very excited.

Last bit of news, I am super excited that my brother is making the trip to Texas and will arrive here on May 30th...he is mainly coming to see my niece's dance recital but will of course be staying with me a couple days and in Abilene a couple of days. He hasn't been here in awhile so we are all looking forward to having him to ourselves for a few days.

I did have a Sunday Movie night this past weekend and will give you the scoop on that tomorrow. Until then, later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Morgan and Mason grageeated and or on there way to the 4th and 6th grades. Yahoo

I think Joe is really looking forward to his trip as mauch as you are. Wish I was going to be there too.