Sunday, April 06, 2008

Vacation

So, a recap of the vacation. I had a fantastic time. How could I not, the whole family was there with the exception of my brother-in-law, who was missed. I think the best part of the family vacation beyond just being together, is the calmness of it. I mean, we really didn't DO anything.

Each day was waking up and sitting around the campsite just visiting. The kids went swimming most days. We went to the beach a couple of times. We ate out a couple of times and did some shopping but it was mainly, do what you want.

Amazingly we didn't play any cards. Some highlights :
  • Visited the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola - been many times but every time is awesome.
  • Morgan ate a raw oyster - for $30
  • Took the Gap picture at the beach for Joey
  • Shrimp Boil - awesomely yummy
  • Played ladders
  • Spent one night doing 8 loads of laundry together
  • Only opened the laptop a few times
  • Mason says I don't snore
Can't wait for the next get together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A GREAT VACATION. A GOOD TIME BY ALL, I THINK. I WAS TOTALLY RELAXED AND RESTED WHEN IT WAS OVER. LETS DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME.

Anonymous said...

ANONYMOUS WAS REALY D-DADDY.

Digital Fortress said...

Glad you had such a nice relaxing vacation. I can't wait to get out of here and start my vacation!

Anonymous said...

One of the best vacations ever! What I liked best was all three of my kids got to be together at one time. Seems that doesn't happen often enough. Can hardly wait until the next time.